About the Girl & Site
Originally from Florence, Alabama, I currently reside in a cozy apartment in Tuscaloosa, Alabama with my 5 fish, Abyssinian guinea pig, Coco, and Maltese puppy, Pixie. My wonderful fiancé, William, has put up with me for over 6 years. He refers to me as his rose, which needs constant care and attention. Although shy at times, I consider myself to be an outgoing person. I love meeting new people and making new friends! Many of my online acquaintances have become my snail mail pen pals. I'm currently writing to over 20 people across the globe! In addition to my aforementioned hobbies, I adore octopi, fashion, trends, Hello Kitty, Japan, gadgets (preferably pink), history, Maneki Neko, and all things cute!
At age 14, I discovered web design. The Geocities SiteBuilder was too constraining, so I taught myself HTML. Around 2003, I bought PHP & MySQL for Dummies and started learning the new languages. About a year later, I decided to switch my major from English to Computer Science so that I could further my programming knowledge (My true passion is programming.)
Born in October 1999, BubblesSOC (aka Rainbow High) started at Geocities, but was never fully constructed. In August 2001, I relocated to Envy.Nu and reopened my site, changing the name from Rainbow High to BubblesSOC. I purchased BubblesSOC.Net on June 25, 2003. My domain now happily resides at Site5.
- Birthday: March 29, 1984
- Religion: Christian
- Goals: Publish a book, Own a business
- Favorite Books: Children of Men, Animal Farm, 1984, Dune, Harry Potter, Anthem, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, Eragon, State of Fear, The Road, A Song of Ice and Fire
- Favorite Movies: Star Wars, James Bond, LOTR, Gone With the Wind, Godfather, Kill Bill, Indiana Jones, Braveheart, Gladiator, Elizabeth, Aliens, Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space, War of the Worlds, 40 Year Old Virgin, Marie Antoinette, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Fountain, The Departed, Pan's Labyrinth, Scarface, Last King of Scotland, Grandma's Boy, Serenity, Transformers, Cruel Intentions, The Patriot, Iron Man, WALL·E, Lucky Number Slevin (I love movies!)
- Favorite Music: Movie Scores, New Age, Classical, Classic Rock
- Favorite TV Shows: Sopranos, The X-Files, Law and Order, Rome, LOST, The Tudors, Man Vs. Wild, South Park, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Brotherhood, Gossip Girl, Curb Your Enthusiasm, True Blood, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Afternoon Judge Shows
- Favorite Anime: Naruto, Elfen Lied, Sailormoon, Gungrave, Last Exile
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Favorite Drink: Cherry Coke
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Number: 8
- Favorite Animal: Octopus
- I was born on my dad's birthday.
- I don't bite my fingernails, but I bite the skin around the edges of my nails.
- I used to have a parakeet. However, I didn't buy the parakeet, I found it at school one day!
- When I was young, I had an obsession with a gray, rectangular robot named Herman from Looney Tunes (Episode Daffy Rents)
- I have never broken a bone, but I have broken my nose twice (both times in the swimming pool)
- I've flown an airplane!
- I haven't had a sip of milk since I was a baby.
- I am a virgin and I plan to remain one until marriage.
- I suffer from only-child syndrome :)
- I was a cheerleader for 6 years. I played softball for 10 years.
- I was voted 'Neatest' girl in the Who's Who of my Senior class. My fiancé, William, was voted the 'Neatest' guy!
- I was the T-Shirt Chairman of my sorority my freshman year (I created all the designs)
- I'm obsessed with writing my name (See what I mean?)
- My dad is a drummer in a band called Replay.